Ron’s Nova’ at Carlisle. Yea!
First, and most importantly, our entire 1st chapter network sends a big congratulations to Scooter and his wife on the birth of their child — a beautiful little boy. Also congrats to Karen and Al Kuhn who will, no doubt, be loving and fabulous grandparents. We hope to bring you more news of this little bundle of joy and probably the youngest member of our York Nova Chapter, so stay tuned.
In this chapter report, we begin by saying goodbye and so long to “old man winter.” Good riddance! How can we expect our Nova’s and hotrods to come out of the garage with all this snow. So, let’s band together and no more cold and gloom and wish spring to appear and stay for a long while.
A quick recap of our 2014 goals are as follows:
- timely communication – by email, postal mail, calls to Scooter and of course checking this blog and our Facebook site.
- have more fun, car cruises, tech seminars and social gatherings like mini-golf, local tours, sprint car racing, go-carts. Please do tell us what’s on your mind. You can comment on this blog or share your ideas for events with us.
- Support for Nationals, GM Nationals and other local shows and group events to extend our network, share knowledge and learn from each other.
- event calendar with list of car shows and gatherings for summer and fall 2014.
- building our network of new members
Holiday Party & Welcome New Members!
Speaking of new members, our annual holiday party was held on Sunday, January 26 at the Bushey’s home, and we thank them for always such a great party! Twenty-three members attended. There was great food and conversation and some new members. Bret Mohr from York and Brent and Jennifer Taylor from Quarryville joined us. Welcome!
Marlyn and Kimberly Runk have thrown their hat into the ring to be co-secretarys of the chapter. Yea! Thank you.
T-Shirts Redesigned with New Logo
Our re-designed logo looks great on the new T-shirts. We pre-ordered 30 and extra shirts can be ordered for $10.50. Choose either black or white. Also hoodies and polo shirts are available for under $25.00. We are considering vinyl stickers with our logo.
This year’s nationals will be in Columbus, Ohio in July, 2014. So far, Wayne has a tour in place to Right Stuff. He is working on a tour of Jegs and a basket tour in Dresden (is that for the ladies?) Also drag racing was mentioned as a consideration. Wayne will keep us posted on his progress. Registration forms can be found in your Nova Times Magazine. If you don’t get it this publication, visit Nova Parts website from NNN.
Cruising Car Shows
We’re going to create a full schedule of car shows that we’ll most likely attend this spring, summer and fall. Stay tuned for this list. We are talking about a cruise to Shady Maple in Lancaster PA – stay tuned for details to come. We’ll let you know in plenty of time.
- Shrewsbury Markets Cruise – April 25, May 23, June 27, July 25, August 22, September 26, and October 24, 2014
- LCBC Motorsports Show and BBQ – Sunday, June 14 (9:00 am to 2:00) at LCBC Church 2392 Mt. Joy Road, Manheim, PA
- County Cruisers of Lebanon County – Sunday, July 6 (9:00 am to 3:00) at Campbelltown Fire Company,
- Muscular Madness at York – July 11 and 12, Friday 1:00 to 8:00, and Saturday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm – York Fairgrounds
- Blue Moom Cruisers – Sunday, July 13 (9:00 am to 4:00) New Kingstown Fire Company
- 15th Annual Sticks Reunion – Sunday, August 17 (10:00 am to 3:00) Route 512, Wind Gap, PA
Sunday, March 23 at 2:00 at our new member’s home Brent & Jennifer Taylor. Thanks so much for hosting our chapter!
Email our President and new dad, Scooter for details at firstname.lastname@example.org join us on Facebook and talk with us there.
And that’s a wrap-up!
As you know, we want to try some new things this coming year such as: more tech seminars, car shows, auto tours, events and fun gatherings, social good works and more outreach to all Members. With that in mind, our club discussion and the minutes below reflect what we talked about at our September meeting and picnic. First, we had a great picnic and food at the Chernek’s home and we want to thank them for a good time. We also worked on Ron’s Nova and are thrilled that he’s getting his car on the road. Please check out all the fun photos taken at the picnic. For the minutes, here’s what we talked about and would like to focus on and we welcome your input and feedback on the contact form below.
- Better communication outreach to Members who want to be updated by phone and U.S. mail about events. We’ll still send emails, but we will also send U.S. mail. If you prefer another type of communication, such as a call or postcard, we want to connect, so get on our call list. Whether you are a member or a friend, fan of the club or belong to another car club and want to know what’s happen with NOVAS, contact me, Scooter Kuhn at 717-965-2683 or fill in the contact form below.
- New York Chapter logo that updates our brand and gives us a new outlook! The logo sample went to Arter Graphics yesterday. Stay tuned for a visual look on our blog.
- Facebook site that will enable us to connect with younger automobile and Nova enthusiasts. We’ll be adding a link to our blog soon!
- Shared links to cool sites such as Steve’s Nova Site. In fact, they linked to our blog just last month. Thank you Steve’s Nova Site!
************************* What’s Next?
Next event: Ocean City Car Show – October 10-13, 2013 / Ocean City MD and Berlin
Trash pickup, tentatively scheduled for either Oct 20 or Oct 27 – Location to follow
Next NNN meeting is Nov 17 at the Kuhn Resident with a Tech meeting on “How to tune a car”. Karen and Al’s address is 1248 Glatco Lodge Road. Hanover PA 17331.
Tags: car shows and events, classic car clubs york, National Nostalgic Nova Car Event, pa
First things first. Dave Brinton called my dad (AL Sr.) to update us on his health issue. Dave is doing well and we all wish him a speedy recovery! Dave hopes to see us at one of the Tropical Treat car shows — these are always on the last Saturday of the month. The next one is Saturday, August 31st. Hope to see all of you!
Second, the First Chapter is now on Steve’s Nova site! Very Cool! (Stevesnovasite.com.) This means everyone that is on that site can have a direct link right to our blog!
Last I would like to invite you to the Littlestown Good Ole Days car show (tomorrow) Saturday Aug 17th. You can park along one of the old higher up Littlestown roads.
They have all kinds of crafts going on and some great food. Fun for the family!
Find details at this link:
York 1st NNN Chapter has also been recognized for having the most members attend the 2013 Nova Nationals in Charlotte. There were 13 cars present and I guess that shows how much we enjoy getting together!
Congratulations to these 1st Chapter winners! Their beautiful classic cars all won awards at the 2013 Nova Nationals in Charlotte this year. Way to go!
- Wayne Oliveria 68-72 modified 1st runner up
- Al Kuhn 62-65 super-modified winner
- Al Kuhn 62-65 People’s Choice Show winner
- Fran Bailey 62-79 People’s Choice Gold Winner