First, and most importantly, our entire 1st chapter network sends a big congratulations to Scooter and his wife on the birth of their child — a beautiful little boy. Also congrats to Karen and Al Kuhn who will, no doubt, be loving and fabulous grandparents. We hope to bring you more news of this little bundle of joy and probably the youngest member of our York Nova Chapter, so stay tuned.
In this chapter report, we begin by saying goodbye and so long to “old man winter.” Good riddance! How can we expect our Nova’s and hotrods to come out of the garage with all this snow. So, let’s band together and no more cold and gloom and wish spring to appear and stay for a long while.
A quick recap of our 2014 goals are as follows:
- timely communication – by email, postal mail, calls to Scooter and of course checking this blog and our Facebook site.
- have more fun, car cruises, tech seminars and social gatherings like mini-golf, local tours, sprint car racing, go-carts. Please do tell us what’s on your mind. You can comment on this blog or share your ideas for events with us.
- Support for Nationals, GM Nationals and other local shows and group events to extend our network, share knowledge and learn from each other.
- event calendar with list of car shows and gatherings for summer and fall 2014.
- building our network of new members
Holiday Party & Welcome New Members!
Speaking of new members, our annual holiday party was held on Sunday, January 26 at the Bushey’s home, and we thank them for always such a great party! Twenty-three members attended. There was great food and conversation and some new members. Bret Mohr from York and Brent and Jennifer Taylor from Quarryville joined us. Welcome!
Marlyn and Kimberly Runk have thrown their hat into the ring to be co-secretarys of the chapter. Yea! Thank you.
T-Shirts Redesigned with New Logo
Our re-designed logo looks great on the new T-shirts. We pre-ordered 30 and extra shirts can be ordered for $10.50. Choose either black or white. Also hoodies and polo shirts are available for under $25.00. We are considering vinyl stickers with our logo.
This year’s nationals will be in Columbus, Ohio in July, 2014. So far, Wayne has a tour in place to Right Stuff. He is working on a tour of Jegs and a basket tour in Dresden (is that for the ladies?) Also drag racing was mentioned as a consideration. Wayne will keep us posted on his progress. Registration forms can be found in your Nova Times Magazine. If you don’t get it this publication, visit Nova Parts website from NNN.
Cruising Car Shows
We’re going to create a full schedule of car shows that we’ll most likely attend this spring, summer and fall. Stay tuned for this list. We are talking about a cruise to Shady Maple in Lancaster PA – stay tuned for details to come. We’ll let you know in plenty of time.
- Shrewsbury Markets Cruise – April 25, May 23, June 27, July 25, August 22, September 26, and October 24, 2014
- LCBC Motorsports Show and BBQ – Sunday, June 14 (9:00 am to 2:00) at LCBC Church 2392 Mt. Joy Road, Manheim, PA
- County Cruisers of Lebanon County – Sunday, July 6 (9:00 am to 3:00) at Campbelltown Fire Company,
- Muscular Madness at York – July 11 and 12, Friday 1:00 to 8:00, and Saturday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm – York Fairgrounds
- Blue Moom Cruisers – Sunday, July 13 (9:00 am to 4:00) New Kingstown Fire Company
- 15th Annual Sticks Reunion – Sunday, August 17 (10:00 am to 3:00) Route 512, Wind Gap, PA
Sunday, March 23 at 2:00 at our new member’s home Brent & Jennifer Taylor. Thanks so much for hosting our chapter!
Email our President and new dad, Scooter for details at email@example.com join us on Facebook and talk with us there.
And that’s a wrap-up!